Processing a Sale
Your Virtual Terminal can process cards in a few ways. You can perform a traditional credit card sale, obtain only an an authorization of the card, as well as process a Check/ACH.
Process a Card (Swiped and Key-Entered)
1. Click Process a Card button from the main navigation bar.
2. If you have a Swipe device connected, the VT will prompt you to Swipe the card immediately, if not, you will key-enter card details:
a. Select Credit from the Sale Type drop-down.
b. Complete Card Number, Expiration, and CVV2/CID fields
c. Complete Amount, Shipping, and Tax fields (may prepopulate based on VT settings)
d. If required, enter Invoice Number, as well as any additional Notes relevant to the transaction.
3. Optional- you can save the customer and card information for reuse in the future by filling the second section with the customer’s information.
4. Click Process Transaction
- In the drop down box for Transaction Type, select Authorization Only.
- Enter Card information by either the Swiped or Manual Entry methods detailed above.
- Enter in the Amount of the Authorization.
- Enter in the AVS/CVV information if required.
- Click on the Process Transaction button to submit the sale. You will see the Processing logo, and then be taken to the Transaction Results screen.
Process a Check/ACH
1. Click Process a Check button from the main navigation bar.
2. Select ACH Debit from the Transaction Type drop-down.
3. Complete the requested check information, paying close attention to the Routing Number and Account Number.
4. Optional- you can save the customer and card information for reuse in the future by filling the second section with the customer’s information.
5. Click Process Transaction.