THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR CLEARGATE (“PRIVACY STATEMENT”) DETAILS THE COMPANY’S POLICIES WITH RESPECT TO THE HANDLING OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The type of Information submitted to or collected by ClearGate varies depending upon the nature of the activity and relationship with ClearGate.
- Browsing the Website :When You browse the company’s website, ClearGate may collect information regarding the domain and host from which You access the Internet, the Internet Protocol address of the computer or Internet Service Provider You are using, and anonymous site statistical data. This information is collected for the purpose of assessing the effectiveness of the company’s website and for security reasons.
- Inquiries :The website contains various forms, links to company e-mail addresses, and fax numbers that You may use to solicit information about the website, ClearGate services, and the company in general. When You complete and submit a form, send us an e-mail, send us a fax, or contact us by telephone, ClearGate may store the inquiries and their contents, including any personally identifiable information You may have provided. Any personally identifiable information You submit via an inquiry is collected only with Your knowledge and active participation.
- Use of Gateway Services :When You register to use ClearGate online processing services (“Gateway Services”), You will be required to provide personally identifiable information and to enter into a written agreement with ClearGate. If You ordered any products or services from businesses that use our Gateway Services (“ClearGate Customers”), You were required to submit personally identifiable information (“Order Information”). ClearGate Customers transmit Order Information to ClearGate for the purpose of processing Orders. Order Information is maintained in servers located within the U.S.A. ClearGate may maintain Order Information for a certain period of time to comply with audits, legal requirements, or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Applying for a Merchant Account :When You submit an application to obtain a merchant account through ClearGate, You will be required to provide personally identifiable information. Furthermore, ClearGate may also obtain information about You from third party sources, including, without limitation, consumer reporting agencies.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Usage and disclosure of Your Information varies based on Your relationship with ClearGate. ClearGate never sells any personally identifiable information and, except as expressly set forth below, never discloses personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Browsing the Website :Information collected while You’re browsing our website may be used to analyze trends, administer the website, improve site performance, gather broad demographic information, and for security purposes. Such Information may be disclosed to third parties to provide any of the aforementioned activities on behalf of ClearGate.
- Inquiries :If You submit an inquiry via online form, e-mail, fax, or telephone call, the information collected may be used by ClearGate to respond to Your inquiry or to contact You to inform You of ClearGate’s services. Information collected during the course of an inquiry will not be disclosed to any third party unless such third party has been contracted by ClearGate, with obligations of confidentiality, to contact You on our behalf.
- Use of ClearGate’s Services :If You are a ClearGate Customer, ClearGate will use Your Information during the course of providing You with the Gateway Services. During the course of providing such services, ClearGate may disclose Your Information to third parties that have contracted with ClearGate to perform certain functions of the Gateway Services on our behalf (“Subcontractors”). ClearGate may also use Your Information to contact You about other ClearGate offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends, directly or through the use of third party vendors. ClearGate may also use Your Information for internal business analyses. If you are a customer of a ClearGate Customer, ClearGate will use Order Information during the course of providing processing services to such ClearGate Customer. ClearGate may also use Order Information at an aggregate level for internal business analyses and fraud prevention. During the course of providing Gateway Services to ClearGate Customers, ClearGate may disclose Order Information to banks, processors, card associations, and other financial institutions that are involved in the course of processing or screening the transaction applicable to the Order Information.
- Applying for a Merchant Account: If You apply for a merchant account from or through ClearGate, ClearGate may use and disclose the Information to evaluate Your eligibility for a merchant account, including disclosure to consumer reporting agencies, relevant financial institutions, and other entities involved in providing the merchant account services. ClearGate may also use and disclose Your Information during the course of providing or procuring on Your behalf the merchant account services. ClearGate may also use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third party vendor, about other ClearGate offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends. ClearGate may also use Your Information for internal business analyses.
- Surveys and Questionnaires :If You submitted an inquiry to ClearGate or if You are a ClearGate Customer, periodically, ClearGate may use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third party vendor, to complete a survey or questionnaire. Responses to any such survey or questionnaire may be used for internal business analyses and may be disclosed in aggregate form without disclosing Your personally identifiable information.
- Confidentiality Obligations :All contracts entered into between ClearGate and ClearGate Customers, ClearGate and Subcontractors, and other third party service providers contain express provisions governing the confidential treatment of any and all personally identifiable information.
- Investigations and Proceedings :ClearGate may use Information to conduct internal investigations. ClearGate may disclose Information to cooperate with an investigation by law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities and may also disclose Information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other comparable legal processes.
ClearGate is committed to privacy and security. ClearGate is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (“PCI DSS”) as a Level
1 Service Provider. PCI DSS is the bankcard industry’s most stringent security standard. Examples of ClearGate’s security measures include: physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; sophisticated security monitoring tools; documented security policies; use of strong encryption for transmissions of Order Information to and from ClearGate Customers; restricting access to personally identifiable information; and, periodic security audits by third party security experts.
CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
If You want ClearGate to correct Your Information that is stored on ClearGate systems, please submit Your request in writing to:
639 Isbell Rd., Suite 330
Reno, NV 89509
Attn: Legal Department